(All references to Ceres, we, our or us, within this policy are deemed to refer to Ceres Partnership Ltd.)
Our primary goals in collecting any personal information are to deliver a smooth, efficient and personalised experience when on our website, or for answering any queries you may have. This allows us to provide you with the information, services and features that are most likely to meet your needs.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Ceres as explained below.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, the data controller is Ceres Partnership Ltd, Registered Office: The Long Barn, Bryants Farm, Kiln Road, Dunsden, Reading RG4 9PB. Company Reg.: 03632234
You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our website without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information. For example, if you sign up for Fresh – our e-newsletter – or send us a message using our contact form. This information may include registration data (your address, email address, phone number, title, etc.), information request data and response data ("User Information").
We wish to assure you that these non-intrusive cookies are not harmful in any way. This site is in accordance with the latest directive (May 2012) from the ICO (See www.ico.org.uk) and use of this site is taken as ‘implied consent’.
We use your information, including your personal information and cookies, for the following purposes:
To provide our website and services to you, to facilitate the features on our website, to respond to your enquiries, or send you information that you have requested, and for other client service purposes.
For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, as permitted by applicable law and subject to verification and consent at time of sign up, we may occasionally contact you by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone to provide you with information about Ceres’ services that might be of interest to you.
To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customisation, and personalised help and instructions, and to otherwise personalise your experiences while using the site or our services.
To better understand how users access and use our site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our website and services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Any personal information obtained will be held by Ceres for a maximum of 12 months and then reviewed.
If you decide that we should not use your personal User Information to contact you, please let us know and we will not use that information for such purpose.
Ceres does not sell, trade or transfer User Information to third parties. However, we may share User Information with our business partners for marketing, advertising or product/service offering purposes. For example, we provide User Information to our service / mail providers for direct emailing of our newsletters. We also disclose User Information if:
- we have your consent;
- we need to share it in order to provide you with the products and/or services you requested;
- You may separately agree to provide your personal information to third parties that provide content for Ceres, in order to access and/or use their products and/or services. If you agree to provide such information to these third parties, then your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies.
We also may share your information in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. We also may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you.
In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Ceres may provide links to other third party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Ceres through a business partnership or otherwise, Ceres is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
Your rights in connection with personal information; under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please direct any request for your information by sending us a written request to us using the contact details below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
This policy was last updated on 10 Oct 2022