With 465m active users, Pinterest may be one of the major social media platforms, but it’s potentially one that gets left out of the conversation (and marketing plans) with focus often on Meta platforms Facebook and Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.
But could that all be about to change?
At #PinterestPresents, Pinterest announced a number of features and insights that may make it a major player in 2024.
- GenZ are the biggest growing audience on the platform
- 1/2 of Pinterest users say they are there to shop. Now ALL pins are going to be shoppable - with links to the main online shops like Shopify and WooCommerce
- Collages are coming to Pinterest. Using AI enabled tech to allow people to cut out parts of an image and put them together (basically Pinterest's main app will incorporate Shuffles, which has been using this already, and seen 2x more engagement on collages than standard pins)
- 'New' Pinterest Ads formats include Showcase Ads, and Quiz Ads. Quiz Ads in particular is an interesting format, designed to help consumers make decisions about the type of product, financial plan, credit card, etc that they may need.
- New tools either already available or on their way include:
o 2024 Global Programming Calendar
- Pinterest will also be making more data available to advertisers allowing additional measurable activity from first impression to last click.
And finally, Pinterest Creative Studio is coming, bringing with it the benefits of generative AI to all, not just designers, to allow everyone to create unique content that stands out in seconds – and for free.
It’s refreshing to see an established platform responding to competition from newer ones but also to changes in technology and consumer behaviour in such a positive and proactive manner.
It’s come a long way from just being a place for Wedding planning – and definitely one you should be watching.
Read more about the latest announcements here> https://newsroom.pinterest.com/en/post/pinterest-unveils-slate-of-new-product-updates-and-ad-solutions